Publications in Scientific Journals:
- Ortiz Barajas, MC., Gervain, J. (2018). Newborns track the envelope of speech in different languages.
- Pagliarini, E., Stucchi, N., Guasti, MT. (2018). Adults with Developmental Dyslexia fail to anticipate predictable upcoming input.
Publications in Magazines/Newspapers:
- PredictAble in Portal Wissen, Ausgabe 2/2016
- Newspaper Article about Predictable in Tagesspiegel, Ausgabe 02/07/2016
- Interview (Spanish, Catalan) with ESR Elena Pagliarini in El Periódico (national newspaper of Spain)
The interview focuses on her recent article published in Scientific Report and extends to a previous article of 2015.
In these studies Elena and her colleagues showed that children’s handwriting is characterized by a rhythmic structure since the very first writing production (at the beginning of the first grade of primary school). This rhythmic structure is governed by two principles: Isochrony and Homothety.
Crucially, a deviance from these principles could be a marker of language impairment. Therefore, the importance of this study in relation to the recent literature about dyslexia is discussed in the interview.